Wednesday, May 27, 2009
A transaction I made at my local Starbucks over the weekend for $6.88 charged my debit card twice! This is the first time anything like that has happened. So I went down there on my lunch to ask if they could credit it back. The lady at the register was just going to give me a coupon for free drink, but I purchased two drinks (one for myself and one for a co-worker) on the charge they billed me twice for. Why would I want a coupon for one free drink when I really paid for two? She didn't seem to know what else to do and asked me to come back tomorrow when the manager was in, which was okay with me since I am not working tomorrow.

I got back to my branch (I work for a very large bank, by the way) and was telling a co-worker about the Starbucks slip-up and she said "Didn't you read your e-mail? The bank was notified by Starbucks that they had a glitch in their system and some people got double charged on their debit cards and it'll be automatically refunded in a couple days." What a relief! I had no idea! I should've taken the free drink coupon, Lord knows I spend enough money there. But oh well! I just thought it was funny I was charged twice since in all my years of banking and working in a bank, I'd never had this happen to me before. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I'm also patiently waiting for the bank to reimburse me for mileage and parking due to me from a training class I took for work a couple weeks ago. I submitted the reimbursement last week and I still don't have it in my account. I'm hoping it'll be there tomorrow. I don't need the money right now, but it's around $70 and I plan on putting that $70 toward some debt! Anything is better than nothing, right?! I'll call our Travel Reimbursement department on Friday if it's not in my account by then.

Labels: , ,

posted by Bank Gal at 7:06 PM |

0 Comments: