Sunday, May 31, 2009

Last night, some girls and I from work were supposed to go out salsa dancing. But after a really long work week, we decided it was time for a rest. Not only was that a good thing because I have an awful cold right now, but it probably saved me at least $20! The salsa club had a $10 cover charge, not to mention any money for parking, food, and drinks. Most clubs do have at least a $5 or $10 cover charge on Friday and Saturday nights, plus outrageous drink prices. I rarely, rarely drink so that isn't a problem for me and I go out to bars and clubs even less!


I never go out dancing with friends. My fiance hates bars, clubs, etc., so we usually Netflix in our weekend entertainment. If we go to the movies, we always try to go to a matinee to avoid those high ticket prices and we never buy food or candy from the movie theater. This can save couples a ton of money!


Last weekend, my dad invited me to see the new Terminator Salvation. We went on a Friday night at 7pm. Our two tickets cost a total of $20. Then my dad got popcorn and I got a delicious ICEE at the cost of another $10 or $15. What an expensive night out! Now, since my father makes well over six figures, he doesn't mind treating his eldest daughter to a movie and I'll let him spend the money on me because I don't get to see my dad all that often even though we live under the same roof! We both work long hours (his are longer) and you can say I got my strong work ethic from him.


Truthfully, I'm a really boring person. I typically prefer to go to the gym on Friday and Saturday nights because there aren't a lot of people there. And usually on the week days after work I am too tired to do anything but sit in bed with my laptop, surf the 'net, read a book, or watch a DVD I already own. Entertainment is one of the least largest portions of my budget, so I don't feel too guilty when I make a Starbucks run before work.


By the way, I really enjoyed Terminator Salvation.


- Bank Gal

Labels: , ,

posted by Bank Gal at 7:52 AM |

0 Comments: