Monday, August 10, 2009
This weekend I was terribly sick with a horrible sore throat and a nasty cough. I still have the cough, but my throat seems to be better this morning. I was afraid I had bronchitis or even strep-throat. But it seems like it was just a 48-hour bug. Unfortunately, it completely ruined my weekend. However, it kept me indoors so I didn't go anywhere or spend any money, which is a good thing because I have $33 until I get paid on Friday. That shouldn't be a problem since I'll be bringing my lunch to work most days this week and buying the cheap coffee from the gas station next door instead of hitting up Starbucks.

J leaves for Boston on Tuesday where he'll be doing work for his dad and talking to an Air Force recruiter while he's there. And even though I'll miss him terribly, it will definitely save me money. It's much easier to budget for one person than it is for two people, so J being gone will essientially save me some money.

I'm also going to start posting my weekly budget, like the way My Pretty Pennies does. I love how she starts with her beginning balance, then her weekly spending, then the ending balance. She is paid monthly, where as I am paid every 15th and 31st (or 30th). So, each pay day I'll begin with my starting balance, then list my weekly expenditures, then my ending balance, then start all over again on the next pay day. I'm excited to track it like this and I think it'll help keep me focused.

Labels: , ,

posted by Bank Gal at 9:52 AM |

6 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger DINKS said........
why is it that everytime i see you write "J" I think you're talking about me ;) Krystal from Give Me Back My Five Bucks does the same thing....guess our name is popular!

and sorry to hear that you were sick :( i agree it def. helps save money though!
 


At 3:32 PM, Blogger Bank Gal said........
@J. Money -- Sorry to confuse you! J's are popular and are extremely good people. ;)

And thanks for the well wishes, I'm starting to feel better.
 


At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jessie said........
It's amazing what saves us money LoL...hope you feel better soon!
 


At 9:33 AM, Blogger Jessie said........
Also, I agree on the J's being good people
 


At 7:56 AM, Blogger Bank Gal said........
@Jessie -- Thanks for the well wishes. I hope I get better soon too. =(
 


At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Thanks for the shoutout! As soon as I started tracking my spending on my blog I could tell a huge difference. I usually track it online, but having to be accountable to a bunch of strangers makes me a little more conscious of it. ;) Glad to find you! I'll definitely be following your blog in the future.