Friday, August 28, 2009
Most people probably wouldn't be excited about working on their day off, but I am. I decided that I want to work 6 days next week, so I asked my manager to e-mail other branches and see if anyone wanted to take me on my day off next week (Wednesday). Of course, everyone is short-staffed and e-mails poured in! So I'm working 8 hours of overtime next Wednesday (total of 48 hours next week). It sucks to give up a day off, but I'd just sit around at home anyway. I don't have any plans and any errands I need to run on Wednesday I can easily do this weekend or one night next week.

So I'm super excited about my overtime, which will be an extra $185 just for sitting there. Not to mention any sales I get from being there. So I'm very happy about my overtime. I'm actually considering offering to work 6 days a week once a month to pull in a little extra money each month. It doesn't hurt to have a little extra, plus it gives me an additional day to make sales and help my commission check.

I will update my weekly spending report later this evening.

- Bank Gal

Labels: , ,

posted by Bank Gal at 3:02 PM |

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Lis @ Ace Cash Express said........
Nice work , just sitting around. :)

But seriously, I think you should also enjoy yourself for a sip or two in a bar sometime (if you are into that kind of relaxation). I mean, maximizing your earnings in a job is good, but I think being too much workaholic is not that healthy in my opinion. I used to be a super workaholic before. And I did change since I noticed that I am lacking the social life that my friends enjoy.

But if it's your work that really makes you happy (I like banking too, very much!) then just continue. There's nothing more satisfying than doing a job that you really enjoy at the same time making the amount of money that you are comfortable with. :)